Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

John Carpenter left as vp? why?

Talk here about issues with unions or companies in the Telecommunications sector.
wimpole1
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

John Carpenter left as vp? why?

Postby wimpole1 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:48 pm

I just can't get my head around "health reasons,family reasons" for his leaving. Everyone is distancing themselves from him. I've heard it was much more sinister than that! Anyone got any info? Is it true the TWU is getting sued itself for some of John's antics? Is he the only one under the microscope? Where is that suit now? anyway I hope the member wins!

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: John Carpenter left as vp? why?

Postby NC » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:13 am

Could it be related to the Steelworkers merger issue? Was Carpenter a "Yes" or a "No" vote? I gather that merger is not as "done" as some of the things I have heard.

Find - Desiderata - read it

wimpole1
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby wimpole1 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:08 pm

It's been a long time! John left under a cloud of doubt (ha ha). There seems to have been some problems with a member, that actually kept notes, on what was said to him/her and done for him/her. There were other problems as well. Maybe it was involving finances. Who knows? The twu convention delegates are in Ottawa right now (from all across Canada) having a rah rah session, until Sunday re the merger with the Steel Workers. It seems to be a suck in session and then the Steel Workers will kick these nobody twu jerks in the keesters.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:20 pm

So the United Steelworkers of America are about to absorb the Telecommunicaitons Workers Union, that's not news but what the hell are they going to be called? Have you ever seen the name of the Steelworkers?

Go ahead and start trying to figure it out... it's a great excercise.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:24 pm

I'll give you a hint, they are knows as "USW" but they are really the "USPFRMEAISWIU" and they will presumably be adding another "T" in there somewhere for Telecommunications.

Good luck, and link your finds.

wimpole1
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby wimpole1 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:22 am

Telecommunications Workers Union (TWU), United Steelworkers Local Union 1944.”
that will be the new handle.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:46 am

Their full name is: United Steel, Paper and Forestry, Rubber, Manufacturing, Energy, Allied Industrial and Service Workers International Union, AFL-CIO.CLC"

I had half hoped they would just add "Telecommunications" to the list.

wimpole1
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby wimpole1 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:48 am

What happened here? John Carpenter shows up in Red Deer Alberta City. Read the linkedin. Miracles do happen! Wish him the best. At least he's not with the twu anymore.

Davis
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster
Employer: telus retired
Union: twu

Postby Davis » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:10 pm

My understanding is that JC left to go to a management job. Reasons why? Rumours abound but I heard this one - he sold a grievor out to the Company and some people found out about it. Also heard rumour that he was being sued for all the lies and personal harassment going on about certain parties. I guess we will not find out for sure right now - will have to see what comes of it.

Agent007
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby Agent007 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 pm

I understand this in an older thread.

JC is now destroying moral at the City of Red Deer. Since beginning employment in 2013 with CORD he has turned the place upside down. He is a bully for sure. Director of Labour relations is his title. Even those in HR are scared of him.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Welcome aboard James... let's stir some s**t and see what happens now...

Agent007
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby Agent007 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:33 pm

I'm in, let's go!

I can say he has managed to have the City Unions kowtow to him and his ways of doing business. Unions (I won't name specific affiliations) just blindly follow him. I have seen mostly senior staff get terminated so far. Targeting employees with 15 years +.

Agent007
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby Agent007 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:14 pm

I just learned a civil suit has been filed against him in queens bench court.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:35 am

Hey 007... if that's public record you can post a link. I am not sure what would be a source other than that but if you are involved and leaking stuff out, please respect the guy's privacy. I will look and see what I can find on line but if this is not public record we may have a problem.

I searched CanLII and found Only This.

Agent007
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby Agent007 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:15 pm

I am not sure how to post a link. It's definatley been filed. Filed in Edmonton AB queens bench.

Return to “General Discussion”