Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

Rumours at Bramelea Daimler Chrysler Assembly Plant...

Help dispel some rumours about unions or companies in the Automotive sector.
mariahvp
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Rumours at Bramelea Daimler Chrysler Assembly Plant...

Postby mariahvp » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:03 am

There is a letter Circulating around Bramelea's assembly plant writen by Greg Collins, Lawrence Fillion and Cliff Dedman (I am guessing that these "gentleman" are the shop stewards at Bramelea.)
The Letter states that Johnson Controls (one of thier suppliers) is currently experiencing a despute as to if they will Certify the CAW. These men indicate that Johnson Controls employees recieved an Extra 10 cents an hour to Keep the Union out. They also claim management is forcing the employees to tear up their union cards. The letter requests that CAW Membership Lobby Chrysler to move the contract to a Union Shop.
This Information is definately Rumour. Actually it is Slander.
If Johnson Controls management team had infact given the employees a raise not to Join, and they were Forcing the employees to tear up cards then wouldn't this be Considered by the OLRB as an unfair Labour Practice. The CAW would be Petitioning the Labour Board for Automatic certification on the Grounds of unfair Labour practices. If the Union had the evidence to Support thier ridiculous claims they would Win automatic Certification.
The CAW wouldn't NEED to lie to the employees at Bramelea Assembly plant requesting they Lobby Daimler Chrysler Management to Obtain what they want.

mariahvp

Admin1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Admin1 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:31 am

Did you get a copy of this at all, you should try. I am sure you wrote that this was an agreement between the employer and the Union. Unions will say things like this to get sympathy. Once they have sympathy they have the media. I have no idea why unions put down companies. I am sure there are some companies out there that would work with the union.

mariahvp
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Re: The letter going around Bramelea.

Postby mariahvp » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:42 am

I do have a copy of this letter. It came from an associate at the Bramelea Assembly plant. I believe the purpose of this letter was to get sympaty from the CAW members. But I think a secondary purpose was to scare Employees at Johnson controls into signing union Cards.
There is a Neutrality agreement between the CAW and Management.
JCI is allowing The Union access to the building. For over a month the CAW sat in the Cafeteria and campaigned the employees, giving out hats, shirts, pens, etc. They posted Information on JCI bulletin boards. They formed a bargaining committee (with minimal people voting). The Bargaining committee member solicited for the Union on the plant floor during production hours...Even team leaders were soliciting.
If any neutral or non-union information was posted it was taken down, and the people that put it up were called to the office for "a talk".
There were anti-union lolli-pops in the cafeteria in a basket brought in by an employee. Other employees chose to take one or not.
The peson that provided the lollipops was called into the office a spoken to. Most recently a private letter, posted in a sealed envelope on the "employee message board" with regard to a decertification attempt was read by a third party...This Union supporter complained to management because they were offended! The HR manager Made "a cease and desist" demand of the Employee.
So to Hear that anyone could even believe That JCI management is not supporting the CAW is outrageous.
JCI is now the CAW's co-conspiratory, in an attempt to evade democracy,
and infringe on the Rights and Freedoms of the Employees.

mariahvp

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:09 pm

Maria can you send me a copy of that, via my email.. I would like to find out a bit more of I can - noncongregatio@hotmail.com

Return to “Rumour Mill”