Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

TD Canada Trust Workers in Sudbury Decertify!!

Talk here about issues with unions or companies in the Banking sector.
Jason Gibbons
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby Jason Gibbons » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:45 pm

Yeah, he definetly gets a little hot under the collar pretty easy....he truly is his own worst enemy. He was very helpful to us....makes then steelworkers look like a bunch of unorganized loud mouths that don't do their homework, and look to succeed by dividing and alienation the very members they claim to represent!

Jason

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:33 pm

I take it you interacted with him? I saw some of the videos of the guy on the Sudbury news during the CIBC strike. What a dinosaur!

We interacted with one of the CIBC union supporters here, "Other Side of the Coin" who i got into an exchange with on the Sudbury 24 site.

I cannot imagine Kmit and his cronies even remotely understanding the banking industry. The timing of the Frood Road Steelworkers hall burning down right after the CIBC Strike was hair raisingly coincidental.

Find - Desiderata - read it

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:23 am

I cannot imagine Kmit and his cronies even remotely understanding the banking industry. The timing of the Frood Road Steelworkers hall burning down right after the CIBC Strike was hair raisingly coincidental.
Part of their exit strategy?

TWwho?

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:27 pm

You're a bad man Alec... a bad man.

Jason Gibbons
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby Jason Gibbons » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:29 pm

Yeah, Jim is the kind of guy that seems to have gotten by with just being a loud mouth, not doing his homework, and looks to divide people vs unite them.

Jim and I had a couple of one on ones in the union meetings. Plus, the first time we ran the decert both them and us sent out a number of letters about each other. Lots of mudslinging going on. We found this time when we didn't play into that kind of game, that he didn't seem to know what to do. They sent out a mudslinging letter this time....it went down like a lead balloon...the only thing people got from that was what an a** he was making of himself, and at my expense....most people took offence.

If anything, this time every time Jim opened his mouth, the more it helped us!

Jason

alec
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Postby alec » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:53 pm

As Abe Lincoln once said:

"Better to be quiet and though a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

TWwho?

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:23 am

It is to laugh. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion - Financial”