Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

stora enso dispute

Open Forum for discussing the challenges facing Stora
StoraMan
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby StoraMan » Mon May 15, 2006 11:49 am

The "Union" works hard to keep the "union" brainwashed and submissive.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Mon May 15, 2006 2:39 pm

Well then, I guess the lambs are just going to walk quietly to slaughter.

cfaretiredincb
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Abourque's about to be retireds. More details ?

Postby cfaretiredincb » Mon May 15, 2006 4:33 pm

local 972 negotiating commitey are doing there best to reach a fair deal for its members ,they deserve a lot of credit for their efforts.
That's the biggest joke I've heard on this forum so far. How do you know they're doing their best? Definitely not for a fair deal. They are still and will remain in complete "Power Bargaining" mode, as long as their current executive board is in place.

A bunch of retirees to be with nothing to personally lose (except 20% of their pension), making decisions on the futures of everyone else, including the 6000plus spin off or salary workers that are directly affected, but have no vote.

Saying to "No" to everything & waiting for someone else to make the move is a far cry from doing your best to reach a "fair" deal isn't it...? They deserve 0 credit, and especially since they are working hard to bankrupt the company.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Mon May 15, 2006 9:51 pm

Be nice to Gbourque LabourTalk likes to have as many sides to the story as possible.

I hope he/she continues to offer some resistance, I want to learn what the union supporters have to say too. Hopefully some of them will slip the leash for long enough to get a message out.

Come one Ronnie, at least one of your minions must be reading this stuff by now.. what are you doing out there?

cfaretiredincb
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

What Tom said in 1781

Postby cfaretiredincb » Tue May 16, 2006 4:59 am

"Dependence begets subservience and venality (subject to bribery), suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition."

-- Thomas Jefferson (Notes on Virginia, Query 19, 1781)

If a Canadian had said this, would anybody be able to quote it today?

With the workforce and business community apparently more dependent on the union than management, how does a workforce make a break from such an unhealthy arrangement - even if they wanted to?

redneck
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby redneck » Sat May 20, 2006 12:47 pm

"YOU ARE INEBRIATED BY THE EXUBERANCE OF YOUR OWN VERBOSITY" JOHN DEIFENBAKER DON'T GET SMART WITH YOUR QUOTES WITH ME . I CAN MATCH YOU ONE FOR ONE. BY THE WAY IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS , LOOK UP EACH WORD IN THE DICTIONARY...IT MAY HELP.[quote][/quote]

StoraMan
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby StoraMan » Sat May 20, 2006 2:06 pm

I know what it means. You just described Clayton Fougere or one of the others that stagger around shunked on the line.

redneck
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby redneck » Sat May 20, 2006 2:33 pm

WRONG... TRY AGAIN

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Sat May 20, 2006 11:01 pm

Redneck, let me give you a tip - Don’t play leapfrog with a unicorn.

If you think you can parlay with the likes of cfaretiredincb, you can't. I know him, dispite the distances, and have had the opportunity to interact with him. He limits his interactions at my behest. Don't beard the lion in his den, but for the grace of NC goes Redneck.

Granted, for one of your ilk you do well... but past that, you ain't makin' it, so just keep up with what you are doing but don't get cocky, it ill-becomes you.

I am forming a level of respect for your input, regardless of your ireful ranting and name calling. Would that you knew where you stand you would thank me.

Thanks.

redneck
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby redneck » Sun May 21, 2006 2:03 pm

THANKS FOR THE WARNING , HOW DO YOU KNOW I CAN'T PARLEY WITH HIM OR EVEN IF I WANT TO . MOST OF MY INTERACTIONS HAVE BEEN WITH STORAMAN . YOU ASSUME A LOT JUST BECAUSE YOU SAY YOU KNOW HIM , YOU DON'T KNOW ME .

THANKS FOR THE CONCERN BUT I EXPECT YOU TO BAN ME AT ANYTIME ANYWAY , FOR USING CAPITAL LETTERS....OH SORRY , I MEAN YELLING.

cfaretiredincb
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

I hope the PH Ch of Com sings this lustily at meetings

Postby cfaretiredincb » Wed May 24, 2006 12:05 pm

ackground music: Life's Railway to Heaven, performed by Patsy Cline and Willie Nelson

It's all right to remember,
That's part of history,
But up front's where it's happening,
There's so much mystery.

The enjoyment of living,
Is not where we have been,
It's looking ever forward,
To another year and ten.

It's searching all the byways,
Never should you refrain,
For if you want to live your life,
You gotta drive the train

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

cfaretiredincb
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

I hope the PH Ch of Com sings this lustily at meetings

Postby cfaretiredincb » Wed May 24, 2006 12:11 pm

ackground music: Life's Railway to Heaven, performed by Patsy Cline and Willie Nelson

It's all right to remember,
That's part of history,
But up front's where it's happening,
There's so much mystery.

The enjoyment of living,
Is not where we have been,
It's looking ever forward,
To another year and ten.

It's searching all the byways,
Never should you refrain,
For if you want to live your life,
You gotta drive the train

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

shiftc
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

If you think you can parlay with the likes of cfaretiredincb

Postby shiftc » Wed May 24, 2006 12:58 pm

Can anyone tell me where Redneck is????

I so enjoyed his adroitness and cleverness of reply. Give the dude some credit. At least he provided another slant to this forum. Why can't we get more of the union folks to log on here?

It's so much fun to read the blather!!!

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Wed May 24, 2006 3:10 pm

Redneck's detention is over, it is up to him to come on back as Redneck. He made a brief reappearance as Megaman, but that was shut down too.

I hope we hear from him again soon as I too enjoyed his more lucid posts but the ban on constant yelling (CAPS LOCKS) stands.

Return to “General Discussion - Stora Enso”