Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

perception vs truth

Open Forum for discussing the challenges facing Stora
Ash
Site Wannabe Administrator
Site Wannabe Administrator

Postby Ash » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:23 pm

That's because it wasn't a joke. butch and friends attempted to hack the site. Fortunately, the admin staff is top notch * and keep this the board nice and secure against such hoodlums...well, all the hoodlums other than me anyway :mrgreen:

*or anal retentive, however you choose to look at it........just kidding John........you wouldn't hit a guy with glasses, would you 8)

Ash

"Shop smart. Shop S-Mart."

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:11 pm

I'm on it John

8)

Find - Desiderata - read it

dante666
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby dante666 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:26 pm

Ok... but how does that relate to Wolf's post.

Just seems wrong to me to paint the whole union with Red's Paint brush, especially when we are hoping to get people who can acctually make a valid argument in their posts (like Wolf seems to be able to)

Unless I got the point of NC's post way wrong....

Grand Vizor of the Sacred Order of the Rebirth of S-Mart

dante666
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby dante666 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:29 pm

I'm on it John

8)
Awww That is soo cute!

Grand Vizor of the Sacred Order of the Rebirth of S-Mart

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:11 pm

Dante is right.. we need to hear from people like Wolf... I have tried to get some CEP content up, and i put up Stora stuff to be fair but I am too tired, I worked all day and now I am sitting here jerking away on my computer.

I will look again later.

StoraMan2
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby StoraMan2 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:22 am

Are all union members conspiracy theorists? :shock:

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:57 am

I'm on it John

8)
Awww That is soo cute!
It's all I have left.. I can't say shut the funky chicken you dumb a**, or eat fluff.. I can't even call him a throbbing arm anymore!

What the crap is left to me?

student
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby student » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:08 am

I have monitored this site for a number of weeks now , not because I am pro-union or anti-union but because I just completed an assignment for school . I have observed a number of things while trying to complete this task , let me tell you about them .

First I have found that you can easily find stats to support your position whether it is pro or against . There are many sites , not only in canada but also in the usa and around the world that would show a union shop to be more productive , safer , better paying and with better cooperation than non-union shops . On the other hand if you want to prove the opposite to be true , you can find sites to support that argument as well . Even government stats are contridictory.
That is why I found this site to be more helpful , because both sides have the opportunity to debate the issue . I did not post here because I didn't want to influence anybody's opinion , until I completed and handed in my project .

Here are my opinions on the debate between four contributors who I considered the main ones , at least for a while .

First , STORAMAN ,on the positive side storaman seemed to have a great understanding of the issues and a sincere desire to bring the dispute to an end that everyone could live with . On the negitive side storaman seemed to have such a strong dislike for everything union that it would not allow him to even consider that they might have some legitimate points. Also I found he could be easily drawn into namecalling and could get more personal than he should have .

Second , CFRETIREDINCB ,on the positive side cf seems to be well versed in a number of areas, not just the stora-enso situation , I wondered if he was a professor or teacher at one time . I think he was frustrated at times that he could not engage in what he considered intellengent debate . On the negative side I found cf to be very cynical of any opposing groups to his viewpointie: government , unions , politicians, etc.

Third , REDNECK , on the positive side I found redneck the most entertaining of the four, and actually looked forward to his posts . He too seemed to have a good grasp of the issues . I think he was toying with people most of the time to try to get a reaction . On the negative side , his constant use of caps lock even after being warned a number of times made him seem arrogant or obnoxious at least . When he was finally banned for a period of time , he seemed to lose interest and posted very little afterward.

Fourth , BUTCH , on the positive side butch was one of the few union guys willing to speak up . On the negative side butch was one of the few union guys willing to speak up.

I read somwhere in here that you have since banned redneck and butch for foul language or trying to hack your site . I may have missed something or maybe you know something that I don't or maybe redneck and butch are one and the same for all I know , but I have not found any threats or foul language on redneck's part ?? Anyway even though I am not directly effected in this disput , other than I live in eastern Nova Scotia, I wish everyone involved the best . I should know what my project mark is in a week or so . thanx

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:54 am

An excellent breakdown of the personalities, I sure wish there were more for you to evaluate.

What is your opinion about why the union side players are so silent?

What is your opinion about why the Union site won’t put to press their position on this dispute?

And finally, who is right, wrong, etc. Understanding that you. Like myself have not got a personal stake in this, I would like to know what you opinions are. We say several new users from the same IP group as you, if your Prof or other students have input we would love to hear it.

Also, I concur completely with your evaluations, well said. If you really want to have fun, go back a way in the Telus dispute and evaluate those folks…

St John
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby St John » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:20 pm

To those of you who have been so childish as to succumb to those who you disagree with , I say shame on you. Especially those who administer this forum. Your starting to sound like a broken record. If its comments you want , then you will get them. But if you only opened your forum to be critics, well then go look in the mirror.
As the old saying goes " Opinions are like a**holes--- Everyone has one ,but nobody thinks theirs stinks''

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:08 pm

I'm sorry St John, I'm not sure I understand.
To those of you who have been so childish as to succumb to those who you disagree with , I say shame on you. Especially those who administer this forum.
As a LabourTalk primer, Dante, NC, and Ash have been together for a long time, we are always taking the mick out of each other. I hope you don't think we were chopping at Stora folks.

Wolfman is making excellant comments, but do not tell me that people threatening, and trying to hack this site are joking. I have gobs of ISP information while the people were chopping at our defenses, they stoppped though, so we never filed them with their ISP.

I have been busting my a** trying to get facts on this site, facts CEP does not want you to know I guess, because they are not posting them on THEIR site, and you call me a broken record?

Name calling and lies is no way to run contrcat negotiations. Read some of the Stora Plan posting I made about your dispute, and then shame me.

As for the final comment... point in case I suppose.

St John
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby St John » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:20 pm

Yes everyone has been having their say, but those who you have just mentioned , as yourself have been one sided. Just read your posts from the last month and tell me different. Yes you accepted the wolf , but then you shot him or her down.

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:28 pm

SJ, this is not a forum for people to tell the world whatever they want... this is a forum for people to tell the world what is happening in SEPH.

What if I just said... the CEP is breaking car windows all through PH.

I would certainly hope someone would said, "BS - who's window have they broken?" At which time I would be expected to give PROOF. That is what I am looking for.

Storaman or someone... tells me that the support for his argument is on the SEPH site, go here: so I do.. and quess what! There it is!

NO ONE has proven to me that the SEPH had, long ago, decided to shut the mill down and the lockout is how they are going to do it. One person saying it, and saying it, and saying does not make it true. SOMEONE, anyone, show me where SEPH bargained in bad faith.

St John
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby St John » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:13 pm

Ok my friend ,you show me where Stora Enso has bargained in good faith, other that their website.

St John
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby St John » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:15 pm

$50,000 or your answer . Ok. Wanna bet.

Return to “General Discussion - Stora Enso”