Hey everyone. I got some time to do the latest update to the board software, but it meant that all the old modifications and styles wouldn't work anymore. So, here you have the newest iteration of LabourTalk. Please let me know by Private Message if you run into any issues with the new styling. Some new features on the board are:

• Latest HTML5 Responsive Styling - You can now see a new, more modern styling on the board. Along with this, you can resize the browser to see the board change with it. The board is now functional on all sizes of screens, including your cell phone, table and desktop/laptop.
  • Post Sharing - Although you could previously, the new layout means the sharing icons are more visible on the lower right hand corner of each post. Click your favourite social media outlet to share the desired post with them.
  • Multiple Themes - Previously there was only one theme in an attempt to lower the workload when modifications were put in place. Fortunately, the new modification system is much simpler to implement and we now have multiple colour options for you to enjoy. You can change these from your User Control Panel under the Board Settings heading.
  • Announcements - Announcements can now be posted here (where you're seeing this one) and, in most cases, can be dismissed. To dismiss them, please click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.
  • Collapsing Categories - Categories, such as News & Announcements or Welcome (below), can be collapsed to clear up some of the clutter. This state should be maintained as long as you're logged in.

We hope you like the changes!

I am NOT CEP

For CEP supporters - Tell us your side of the story.
NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:06 pm

Why do CEP supporters say their piece, accuse everyone of being against them, then leave?

If I was of the mind that I was on solid ground and others were wrong, I would make my point with facts and explanation, not innuendo and heresay, and I would stand my ground. I guess that is why our site is accused of “bashing” the CEP.

The CEP has obviously adopted Ghandi’s methodology of no resistance on this site. So, if anyone says anything bad, the CEP just point at us and nods knowingly, calling us employer driven.

Don’t be that gullible people, learn for yourselves and make your voice heard.

If past performance is any indication, (my experience that is, and Telus people back me up) the union will bring forth this proposal, sweating profusely, claim they fought and fought, but were vanquished by their evil foe.

The evil empire of SEPH will not budge, and they the benevolent CEP do not recommend its acceptance. They did their best, now the SEPH and their disciples are going to slit the collective throats of the community of PH by signing this disgusting pact with the devil cunningly disguised as a collective agreement.

If I am wrong, I will happily apologize for this statement… let’s see.

Find - Desiderata - read it

StoraMan2
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Postby StoraMan2 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:16 pm

The posting of pictures is not for harassment or intimidation. It's to reveal those who have a lack of respect for the basic issues of survivial. It's information and a non-violent method of deterrment .
Why should I go without simply because someone else decided to reject an offer knowing the consequences. I don't have the option to sit at home, I work or I lose my job.
During the winter months, union personnel worked in the mill behind the picket lines to make sure nothing froze or was damaged because of the weather. Once the weather turned mild, they came out of the mill.
Management ran the boiler during the winter, no unionized employees have been onsite since the lockout.
Management personnel have written letters to the editor harassing union memebers and have even sent personal e-mails to workers under their supervision and have questioned their right to take part in the democratic process of our provincial election.
The letters you speak of were written to a member of the executive running for the NDP. The concerns by this staff person were sent privately to Mr. Murphy (candidate for MLA) and HE decided that this personal letter should be posted in the union hall for all to see - no doubt with the intention of having this staff member harassed by other union members. Is this how all his constituents will be treated if Mr. Murphy is unhappy with their comments or questions? It was a complete lack of professionalism from Mr. Murphy and it is no surprise that the staff member shot back in the public arena as Mr. Murphy chose that forum himself.
I know you're all looking for the whole picture, but I've come to the conclusion that your minds are made up even before , and will not change even after. So that's it for me on this forum.
I would be curious to see all of the postings from the union supporters in one thread so that we can see what has been contributed to date (hint :lol: ). You may find that little has been provided to support their positions, merely statements that the company lies etc... Can you blame us for not being swayed by the arguments?

Ash
Site Wannabe Administrator

Postby Ash » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:35 pm

Why do CEP supporters say their piece, accuse everyone of being against them, then leave?
Apparently they think the point of debate and discussion is to win everyone over to their side, which is incorrect as it isn't a contest. Its not about winning or losing, its about understanding. The point and purpose of such a discussion is to bring to light the issues that both sides think is important, and to understand where each other is coming from.

Ash

"Shop smart. Shop S-Mart."

NC
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby NC » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:49 pm

Mutinous and smart... dangerous. :shock:

Find - Desiderata - read it

Ash

Postby Ash » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:55 pm

Mutinous and smart... dangerous. :shock:
...and charming and witty and stylish and awe-inspiring and...

I could go on forever...really.

8)

Ash

dante666
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby dante666 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:50 pm

Awww you guys are so kind when you talk about my hero Ash like that!!!!

I can't help but worship the guy! He's awesome!

Keep the praises going! He never gets tired of them!

Grand Vizor of the Sacred Order of the Rebirth of S-Mart

Ash

Postby Ash » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:32 pm

Awww you guys are so kind when you talk about my hero Ash like that!!!!

I can't help but worship the guy! He's awesome!

Keep the praises going! He never gets tired of them!
Thank you my evil minion! Your adoration is well deserved.

I hereby reward you with an extra spoonful of gruel for supper.

Ash

dante666
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby dante666 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:50 pm

ARRRRGHHHH!!! There is no Rosemary in the is Gruel!!!! Send it back!!!!

(curse the mods and their clever editing power!!!)

Grand Vizor of the Sacred Order of the Rebirth of S-Mart

Return to “The CEP Section”